You can enable your members to request cancellations of specific plans through the Members portal. Here's how:
How to Allow Members to Cancel a Membership?
- Go to Billing/Plans.
- Click the cogwheel next to the plan you'd like your members to be able to cancel.
- Click Edit from the options menu.
- In the Member Apps tab, check the Allow Cancellation box.
- Click Update.
How Can Members Cancel Memberships?
If you enabled your members to request a membership cancellation from the portal, they will find that option on the members portal:
- In the Members Portal, the members can navigate to the Membership page.
- Next, to any Membership that can be canceled, they can click Request Cancellation.
- Lastly, they need to click the Confirm button to finish the cancellation process.
When you complete these steps and go check your Memberships, you will see that their Status has changed to Cancellation. The same status will be shown in the Admin portal as well.
What Happens When a Member Gives Notice
When a member sends a Cancellation Request, admins receive an Email with a link to the profile of the Member who requested the cancellation.
Open the email and:
- Click on the profile link.
- Navigate to the Member's Profile.
- To deny the request, Discard the cancellation and click Update. To accept the cancellation, set the End Date of the Membership and click Update.