Google Analytics is a useful tool if you'd like to track how members use and interact with your space.
In this article, we'll cover how you can set up your Analytics tag in OfficeRND.
For a more complete guide on Analytics, you can take a look at this article from Google.
One of the entries in the series of articles from Google on the topic explains how you can get your tracking code, please find the article in question here.
Below you can also find the steps, that the article talks about:
- If you have a Google account, you can create a Google Analytics account by going here.
- Once you've logged in, click "Admin" - the button is in the bottom-left corner of the page.
- Create an account in the "Account" column.
- Create a property from the "Property" column.
Here you can click "Show advanced options" and enable "Create a Universal Analytics property", otherwise your property won't have a tracking code.
- Universal analytics properties support only web tracking.
- Standard properties support app and web tracking but don't have a tracking code, which is needed for the setup with OfficeRND.
- Select the property that you created and under it, you'll see a section called "Tracking Info" with a subsection called "Tracking Code".
Here you can find the "Tracking ID" of your property - copy that as you'll need it for the setup later:
Now that you have your property in Google Analytics you'll need to set up Google Tag Manager.
For a more comprehensive guide on the setup, please visit this article.
Below we've listed the basic steps, which you can take in order to complete the link between GTM and Google Analytics.
- Click here to see how you can set up Google Tag Manager.
- After you've set up your account you can to "Tags" and click "New" in order to set up a tag.
The "Tag Type" can be set to "Google Analytics: Universal Analytics".
- In the "Google Analytics Settings" drop-down you should select "New Variable..." where you can paste the Tracking ID of the property that you created earlier:
- After you've finished setting up your tag you can click "Submit" in the top-left corner in order to publish the changes.
- Once you're finished with the setup you'll need to get your container ID from GTM - it should be in the top-right corner:
You can also enable "GTM Preview Mode" by using the checkbox below the GTM id.
You can learn more about the preview mode here.
You can view the results in the Dashboard of Google Analytics: