Google Analytics is a useful tool if you'd like to track how members use and interact with your space.
In this article, we'll cover how you can set up your Analytics tag in OfficeRnD.
- For a more complete guide on Analytics, you can take a look at this article from Google.
How to set up Google Analytics
This article by Google explains how you can get your tracking code. You can also find the steps to follow below:
- If you have a Google account, you can create a Google Analytics account here.
- Once you've logged in, click Admin. The button is in the bottom-left corner of the page.
- Create an account in the Account column.
- Create a property from the Property column.
Here you can click Show advanced options and enable Create a Universal Analytics property. Otherwise, your property won't have a tracking code.
- Universal analytics properties support only web tracking.
- Standard properties support app and web tracking but don't have a tracking code, which is needed for the setup with OfficeRND.
- Select the property that you created and, under it, you'll see a section called Tracking Info with a subsection called Tracking Code. Here, you can find the Tracking ID of your property. Copy it, as you'll need it for the setup later:
How to setup Google Tag Manager
Now that you have your property in Google Analytics, you'll need to set up Google Tag Manager.
For a more comprehensive guide on the setup, please visit this article.
Below we've listed the basic steps, which you can take in order to complete the link between GTM and Google Analytics.
- Click here to see how you can set up Google Tag Manager.
- After you've set up your account, you can go to Tags and click New in order to set up a tag.
The Tag Type can be set to Google Analytics: Universal Analytics.
- In the Google Analytics Settings drop-down, you should select New Variable... where you can paste the Tracking ID of the property that you created earlier:
- After you've finished setting up your tag, you can click Submit in the top-left corner in order to publish the changes.
- Once you're finished with the setup, you need to get your container ID from GTM. It should be in the top-right corner:
Finishing the setup in OfficeRND
- You can also enable GTM Preview Mode by using the checkbox below the GTM id.
You can learn more about the preview mode here.
You can view the results in the Dashboard of Google Analytics:
Please sign in to leave a comment.