In this help article, we will take a look at how you can reset the permissions of an admin user (Owner or Center Manager). Doing so will send them a new Admin Invitation and ask them to set up a new password. It can be done for the following reasons:
- Force an admin to set a new password.
- To change their email. Further details can be found in our Update Login Email article.
- Troubleshoot permissions not working properly.
If you just wish to change a person's permissions and give them a new role, you don't need to follow this guide. You can just navigate to Settings/Account Details/Admin Roles and follow this article.
Step By Step Guide
- Navigate to Settings/Account Details/Admin Users.
- Click on the cogwheel next to the admin user and choose Delete. This will delete the user's admin permission but their profile will remain in the system.
- Click on the Add Admin User button and add them back. Make sure to choose the same role and location as they had prior to resetting.
The link in the Admin Invitation email will be valid for 72 hours. In case it expires, a new link can be sent by repeating the process.