Before you read this help article you may consider getting familiar with "Adding Manual Invoice". Once you have invoices you may need to void, send, delete, export, or create a credit note out of some of them. This help article will how to do these operations in addition to how to edit an invoice.
In order to manage the invoices, navigate to Billing/Invoices. This will open a view with all invoices which you can filter by paid, overdue, failed, and filter further by:
When an invoice is opened, the following managing options are available:
- Exporting and downloading an invoice. More information about that operation is available in Export Invoices.
- Send an invoice. The Send button will send the invoice to the billing person of the member to whom the invoice is issued.
- Void an invoice. When you mark an invoice as void, it will not be removed from the system but will be automatically excluded from all reports.
- Issue a credit note in the cases when you need to return the amount of an existing invoice to its owner. In order to issue a credit note, follow the How to issue a credit note tutorial.
- Delete an invoice. If an invoice is not paid or credited back, it can be deleted. However, note that deleting an invoice, removes it from the system and the invoicing sequence can be broken.
- Manually add a payment. More information you find in "Adding Manual Charge To An Invoice" article.
Edit an invoice
Click on the Edit button. This will open the Edit Invoice dialog. This window is a similar one to the invoice generating window.
You can Edit the following details of an invoice:
- Issue Date
- Due Date
- Payment Method
- The Description, Unit Price, Quantity, and Discount of every line item.
- Add new line items and existing fees.