Sometimes the "Welcome" email's Sign-in link doesn't function properly. Here we're going to go through the most common reasons for that.
The link has expired
The invitation email or the "Welcome" email contains a token that logs the member in the portal and prompts them to create a password. The token is valid for 24 hours. If the member didn't manage to click on the Sign-in button within the 24 hour period, the invitation link will become inactive.
To fix this situation you just need to send the member a new invitation. You can do that by following these steps:
- Navigate to the member's profile in the admin side.
- In the right-hand side pane next to the Access field click the Disable button and after that click the Enable button. This action is going to send a new invitation.
- Check with the member if they received the newly sent "Welcome" email.
The Link in the Welcome Email Template is Incorrect
The other reason might be a mistake in the "Welcome" email template. You can correct this issue by following these steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Templates > Emails tab and click on the "Welcome" email template.
- In the newly opened window in the Editor section select the Sign-in button and click on the "More tools" button.
Choose the Insert hyperlink button.
- In the newly opened window in the Web Adress field check if the link is correct. It should say [portalLink].
5. Save the template.