Sometimes the Welcome email's Sign-in link doesn't function properly. Here, we're going to go through the most common reasons for that.
The link has expired
The invitation email or the Welcome email contains a token that logs the member into the portal and prompts them to create a password. The token is valid for 72 hours. If the member didn't manage to click on the Sign-in button within the 72-hour period, the invitation link will become inactive.
To fix this situation, you just need to send the member a new invitation. You can do that by following these steps:
- Navigate to the member's profile on the admin side.
- In the right-hand side pane next to the Access field, click the Disable button then click the Enable button. This will send a new invitation.
- Check with the member if they received the newly sent Welcome email.
The Link in the Welcome Email Template is Incorrect
The other reason might be a mistake in the Welcome email template. You can correct this issue by following these steps:
- Navigate to Settings/Templates/Emails tab and click on the Welcome email template.
- Navigate to the Editor section, click on the Sign-in button, and click on the More tools button.
- Choose the Insert hyperlink button.
- In the newly opened window, check if the link is correct in the Web address field. It should say [portalLink].
5. Save the template.