Modifiers and Modifier Groups provide admins with an option to further customize the Marketplace (F&B Ordering) offered via OfficeRnD member tools.
Setting up Modifiers & Modifier Groups is done in 3 steps:
Modifier Groups allow admins to group modifiers together and assign these to Goods. Modifier Groups are a new tab in Billing/Goods > Modifier Groups. The Modifier Groups are available only for Goods after the F&B Ordering Setting is enabled. Learn how to set up the Marketplace module here - Marketplace - F&B Ordering, Goods & Stores
The Add Modifier Group modal has the following fields:
- Name: defines how the Group will be presented to members in the Members Portal.
Example: If there is a Pizza on the menu and members are allowed to pick from various cheese options the Modifier Group could be named “Cheese”.
- Internal Name: is used if the setup requires 2 or more groups to have the same Name and admins need to differentiate them in another way. (Not visible for members)
- Type: The type of the group defines the type of modifiers that could be associated with it.
Add-on: Represents a Yes/No type of modifier that is presented as a checkbox to the member. The member can choose to either include it or not. The default value is No.
Min. <> Max. limit: the field defines the total number of modifiers from the group that members would be allowed to select.Example: If we set a limit between 0 and 2 and there are 5 modifiers added to the group, members would be able to pick up to 2 of them.
Multiple quantities: Represent a quantity picker that allows members to choose a particular quantity of all modifiers included in the group.
Min. <> Max. limit: the field defines the total quantity of modifiers from the group that members would be allowed to select. For this type of group, the limit is shared between all modifiers in the group.Example: If we set a limit between 0 and 3 and there are 5 modifiers added to the group, members would be able to pick up to 2 of them.
Description: А field that is visible only in the Admin panel and allows admins to add additional notes to each modifier group.
Unlimited Modifiers can be assigned to one Modifier Group but all of them should be from the same type. The modifiers can be a mix of free and paid ones. Also, Modifier Groups can be assigned to multiple Goods.
Modifiers allow admins to create specific offerings that could be added to modifier groups and presented to members as additional F&B. You can find the Modifiers tab in Billing/Goods. Keep in mind that the Modifiers are available only for Goods.
The main purpose of the Modifiers is to be assigned to a Modifier Group (e.g. modifiers regular, skim & soy to modifier group "Milk options"). Also, they can be assigned to more than one Modifier Group. Modifiers (and their Modifier Groups) can also be shared across multiple Goods.
The important part here is that they don’t create fees. Their price is added to the price of the Goods.
The Add Modifier modal has the following fields:
- Namе: defines how the modifier will be presented to members in the Members Portal.
- Internal Name: is used if the setup requires 2 or more modifiers to have the same Name and admins need to differentiate them in another way. It's not visible for members.
- Price: the price is optional - Modifiers can be either paid or free.
- Description: - the description is also optional.
- Modifier Type
- Sizе: single-choice, the modifiers from this type overrides the price (e.g. S 4.50, M 5.50, L 6.50)
- Add-on: single or multiple-choice, If paid - the price is added on top of the Goods price
- Multiple Quantities: (allow the customer to choose multiple items of the same modifier)- If paid the price is added on top of the Goods price
- Modifier Group: choose the group for this modifier
Here is how the Modifier Group "Cheese" and the Modifiers "Mozzarella", "Emmental" and "Cheddar" look like in the Members Portal.
Assigning Modifiers to Goods
Admins can assign Modifiers to Goods from the Modifier Groups tab in the Add/Edit Good dialog in Billing/Goods
Goods can have multiple Modifier Groups but only one group of type SIze.