This article will examine the Import Members functionality in OfficeRnD.
Before You Start
1. Download the New Members import template with the data columns that need to be filled in to complete the report. Alternatively, you can create your own .CSV spreadsheet file and match the columns in it to the columns in OfficeRND.
2. If there is a validation error when uploading the data, you might not be able to proceed unless the error has been fixed. There are two types of warnings:
- Red - an error that needs to be fixed in order to continue.
- Yellow - signifies a warning. You'll still be able to continue with the import.
2. If the members already exist in the system (their names are an exact match for those of existing members), new members won't be added. The system will update the existing ones instead.
3. If a company name is specified for a member, and the company doesn't exist in the system, a new company won't be added, but there will be a validation error.
4. Spaces / intervals before and after an entry will be removed automatically.
Guide to Import Members
The Members Import flow consists of three main steps - Upload spreadsheet, Match columns, and Import summary.
1. Navigate to Settings/Import and click on the Members tab.
2. Click on Upload CSV.
3. Select the template file.
4. Choose the date format used in your .CSV file. This will help OfficeRND set the start dates of the members correctly.
At the bottom, you'll be able to see two rows and two columns:
The first row - rnd - displays the default columns in OfficeRnD. The second row - .csv - displays the columns in the uploaded file. This way, you can match the data between the rows to ensure the correct content is imported.
Finally, click Continue to import the data.
The final stage presents a summary of the import with information such as how many members have been imported. You can also save the matching columns and data format you used as a preset (in .csv) for future imports.
When you are finished, click Import. If successful, you will receive a confirmation.