In OfficeRnD, you can now easily submit and import your customers' data following a Step-by-Step flow
Important to Note:
- Download our template to see which columns are going to be necessary to be filled out in order to complete the import. Alternatively, you can use your own spreadsheet (please note that only .csv files can be uploaded) and after that, you'll be able to match the columns in your files to the columns in OfficeRND (see below)
- If there is a validation error when uploading the data, you might not be able to proceed unless the error has been fixed. There are two types of warnings in terms of the validation of the import file - red (an error that should be fixed in order to continue with the import) and slightly yellow (it has a warning function only, but you will be able to continue with the import, more on that later).
- If the companies already exist in the system, new companies won't be added, but the system will update the existing ones.
- Spaces in the beginning and in the end of the entry would be automatically removed.
- Log into the OfficeRnD Flex Admin Portal
- Navigate to the Settings module and navigate to Import/Companies
1. Log into the OfficeRnD Flex Admin Portal
2. Click on the Settings module
3. Click on Import
4. Click Companies
- Download the example file to get started (Optional - the file can be found here at the top of the article, and when you click on the "Download template" button in the Companies tab).
- Upload your file (click on the Upload CSV button).
5. Click on Upload CSV
6. The file has been uploaded and the screen will advance to the next step.
7. Choose the date format from which OfficeRnD will parse the dates
You'll first need to select the date format that you're currently using in your CSV file in order to help OfficeRND set the start dates of the companies correctly.
Note: This is important because if the format is not set correctly you won't be able to Continue.
8. Match columns from your file to properties in OfficeRnD
At the bottom of the import page you'll be able to see two rows of columns:
- The first row displays the default columns in OfficeRnD.
- The second row displays the columns of the uploaded file. You can match your columns to the columns in OfficeRND so that you can make sure that the data from your columns are going to be used in the default ORND column. Following the same logic, you can match a custom property field to an existing custom property in OfficeRnD.
9. Click Continue
If there are any errors or inconsistencies, there will be a warning displayed and you will not be able to continue. Learn more.
If there are no errors or inconsistencies, you can select Continue.
10. Import Summary
View a summary of the import.
11. Save Preset CSV (Optional)
Save your choices as a matching preset for future imports (Optional - columns will be automatically matched. You will still be able to re-match and edit them). You will need to click on "Save preset CSV", set an Import Settings Name, and then save the changes made. You can choose this matching preset in future imports.
12. Click on Import
This will import the data that was uploaded.
13. Import Success
You will receive a confirmation of a successful data import.
Article is closed for comments.