Many companies are challenged with defining a viable work-from-home policy that's not detrimental to collaboration and teamwork. OfficeRnD has the tools to implement Workplace Policies with clear rules for your employees alongside presence tracking.
Create Workplace Policy
To set up workplace policies, navigate to People/Workplace Policies. A Default Policy is always enabled and you can customize it as needed. The Default Policy is applied to all Teams and Employees except ones assigned to individual policies. Thus, it makes sense to define the 'standard' schedule rules in the default policy and create additional policies from scratch for different teams and individuals.
Rules For Creating Policies
The following rules apply when creating policies:
- Minimum days per month cannot be combined with Particular days of the week.
- The Particular days of the week setting respects your workdays (set up under Settings/Calendar).
- If a policy is deleted from People/Workplace Policies, everyone to whom it was applied will be moved to the Default one.
- If an employee from a team had a policy that is now deleted, they will inherit the team's current policy.
- If a person is part of several teams, they will inherit the policy of their Primary team or any individual one that you have assigned to them.
You can also create a policy directly from any Team or Employee profile via the Policy section on the left pane. Here, you can also switch the team or person to another policy.
Edit a Workplace Policy
You can edit any of your custom policies when you navigate to People/Workplace Policies.
- Click on the cogwheel next to the policy's name.
- Click Edit.
- Make your changes and Save.
The Web Portal Employee Experience
As soon as you set your policies up, all of your employees will have a pop-up in the Web Portal's bottom right corner (Microsoft Teams will have that as well) notifying them of their compliance.
The content of the pop-up will be based on their current number of bookings and their policy.
The pop-up is dynamic and will be updated with every booking you make. Clicking on a day will directly focus you on that particular day on the Dashboard, Office Map, or Schedule pages. Once the pop-up is closed, it will return on the following day.