By default, the member portal signup comes with some pre-defined fields like:
- Email Address
- Company Name
- Website URL
- Phone Number
- Terms and Conditions (if activated)
- Credit Card Form (if activated)
Sometimes these fields aren’t enough and you need to collect more information about your members upon signup. OfficeRnD allows you to add more form fields for this purpose.
This article will guide you through the process of customizing the signup form of the OfficeRnD Members Portal.
Add Custom Properties
You can add custom properties for either companies or members. By default, only admins can see the custom properties. You can manage custom properties from Settings/Data & Extensibility/Custom Properties.
For example, we’d like to add a property called Mobile number which applies only to members. The property is a field where members will be entering their mobile number.
1. Click on the Add property button.
2. Type Mobile number for Name.
3. Select Number from the Type drop-down menu.
4. Select Members from the Applies to drop-down menu.
5. Choose Members Public for Applies to.
6. (optional) Enter a placeholder - a text or number which will be shown in the field before entering the number i.e. Enter your mobile number.
7. Select Members Public from the Privacy drop-down menu to make the form visible in the public sign-up flow.
8. Click Add
This will add the Mobile number custom property to the profiles of all members in the system. If you open a member profile, you will notice it has been added. The next step is to show it in the public sign-up form as well!
Add The Custom Property To The Sign-up Form
So far, we’ve created a custom property. The next step is to add it to the signup form.
1. Navigate to Settings/Member Apps/Public Pages and click Add Field under the Signup Page checkmark:
2. Select Mobile number from the Property drop-down list.
3. Type Mobile Phone Number in the Title field.
4. Check the Required checkbox if you want to make the mobile number required upon signup.
5. Click Add.
This will add the property to the form. If you begin the portal signup flow, you will see the new property and members will be required to fill it in Step 3 - Account.