OfficeRnD lets you set up Terms and Conditions that every member must accept as part of an agreement between a company and a member who has access to the Members portal.
- Legal Documents
- How to Add Legal Documents
- Add Documents To Contract Types
- Add Documents To Billing Plans
- Default Terms and Conditions
- Change Terms & Conditions for Unsigned Contracts
Navigate to Settings/Member Apps/Terms and Conditions. There, the Legal Documents and Default Terms and Conditions sections are found.
Adding legal documents that serve as terms and conditions, privacy policies, in-house rules, or contract terms in Settings/Member Apps/Terms and Conditions lets you apply them to the different types of agreements, such as:
- Membership Agreement
- License Agreement
- Lease Agreement
- Custom Contract Types
How to Add Legal Documents
- Enter Settings/Member Apps/Terms and Conditions and click on Add Document to open the document editor (seen above).
- Enter the Title of the document.
- Enter the content of the document. The section comes with standard writing tools and you can even copy-paste your pre-existing terms.
(Optional) Select the Open in a Popup on Signup option to make the document content display in a popup for new users signing up.
This means that whenever you click on the consent checkbox, a pop-up will appear with the T&C.
If the Open in a Popup on Signup option is not enabled, then click on the consent checkbox will simply mark it without showing you the T&C automatically. You can always click on the link to open them yourself though.
(Optional) Set an external URL to display the terms from an external source on signup.
This option won't work for members on the portal where the terms should always be described within the content of the legal document.
- Click the Add, Update Current Version or Save as New Version.
Add is available the first time you create an agreement.
The newly created document is created as Version:1.
Update Current Version is used to create a version of the document that will be presented only to new members signing up.
With this approach, the changes in the document will not affect current members on the portal.
Save as New Version is used to create a version of the document that will be presented to all members - both on signup and the next time they log into the portal.
This way you can ensure all members invited to the portal are prompted to accept the changes you apply.
- Add is available the first time you create an agreement.
Note: The Update Current Version and Save as New Version logic described above is applicable for documents used as Member Terms.
Add Documents To Contract Types
Click on a contract type in Settings/Platform Modules/Contracts and select the documents in the Documents field. Click Update when you're finished.
Add Documents To Billing Plans
You can also apply a legal document to members who purchased specific billing plans. This will prompt those members to accept plan-specific terms:
- Navigate to Billing & Products/Plans.
- Click on a membership plan and open the Billing tab.
- Under Plan Terms select which document will be added so that members are prompted to accept it upon purchasing this plan.
- When you're finished, click Update.
Default Terms and Conditions
In this section, you can configure the targeted audience of each legal document.
Member Terms – select legal documents that would be presented to:
- People Signing Up for at least one recurring plan (there should be at least one recurring plan added in the cart).
- People Signing Up for recurring plans that require approval.
- Active Members who have already accepted a previous version of the Member Terms.
- Members with status Pending when they are invited by an Admin.
Non-member Terms – select legal documents that would be presented to:
- People booking publicly available resources through the Public Calendar.
- Customers Signing Up for a One-Off plan. (if there isn’t a recurring plan added in the cart).
- People signing up as non-members without purchasing anything. (when the Sign-Up as non-member option is enabled).
- Users who are logged in as Drop-Ins. (when the major version of a previously accepted document is updated).
Visitor Terms – Prompt new and returning visitors to accept the terms of the selected documents when using the OfficeRnD Reception App.
Notice and Consent / Legitimate Interest (GDPR) – This option is only applicable on signup and it controls whether you present members with one or multiple checkboxes (one for each document) to confirm they accept the terms
Change Terms & Conditions for Unsigned Contracts
There may be cases where the Terms & Conditions document attached to a particular Contract Type must be changed before an agreement is signed. In such cases, proceed as follows:
1. Navigate to Settings/Member Apps/Terms & Conditions and edit the existing Terms & Conditions document (found under Legal Documents). You can also create a new legal document, if needed.
2. Navigate to Settings/Platform Modules/Contracts and open the desired Contract Type.
3. In the Edit Contract type window, head to the Documents field and remove the Terms & Conditions document that's currently attached to the Contract Type.
4. Enter the name of the Terms & Conditions document that you changed or created, and click Update.