As part of your onboarding with OfficeRnD, we can import your existing resource data with types, locations, target plans, prices, and deposits. This article explains the process and the format we use to import your existing data.
What You'll Need
- Add and configure your locations under Space/Locations
- Add and configure plans under Billing/Plans
OfficeRnD lets you import resources from a .CSV spreadsheet file with the following columns:
- Name - the name of the resource.
- Type - the title of the resource, e.g Dedicated Desk. You can view the names of your resource titles in Settings/Resource Types.
- Location - the name of the location. Please note that even if you have one location, you'll need to add its name in this column.
- Target Plan - the name of the target billing plan for that resource. The plan should already be created in OfficeRnD under Billing/Plans.
- Price (optional) - resource price to override the default plan price. If left unfilled, the default price of the chosen plan will be used. The field should not include the currency of the price. The default organization currency will be used.
- Deposit (optional)- deposit amount to override the default plan deposit. If left unfilled, the default deposit of the chosen plan will be used. The field should not include the currency of the deposit. The default organization currency will be used.
- Size (optional)- the total capacity of the resource. This will affect the occupancy statistics, as it is calculated according to the Size column, which reflects the number of desks. More on how Occupancy is calculated here.
Something else to consider is that although the Size column is optional, it will affect your occupancy. Please note that this is not the square footage of the space and it's not applicable for desks.
- Area (optional)- the total area of the private office/meeting room in square meters (or square feet).
- From Date (optional)- the date after which the resource will be available to your clients. This field can use one of the following date formats: YYYY-MM-DD, DD/MM/YYYY, or MM/DD/YYYY.
If no From Date is added in your file, we'll auto-populate the field with the date on which the data was imported.
Make sure to use comma (,) as the .CSV delimiter, otherwise your data won't be validated.
Make sure that the Location and Target Plan columns are identical to the names of the locations and billing plans in OfficeRND, otherwise the import will not be successful.
Sample File (Template)You can download a sample/template .CSV file with all columns pre-filled. Feel free to delete the columns you don't need, or leave them empty.
Add Or Update Imported Data
- Navigate to Settings/Import.
- Open the Resource tab.
- Prepare the import file (if you haven't).
- Select the date format from the drop-down menu.
- Select the action - Add (to import new date) or Update (update existing data from a new .CSV file).
- Select the measurement unit for size (square meters or square feet).
- Upload the .CSV file for validation and submission.
Please sign in to leave a comment.