In OfficeRnD, you can create custom invoice export presets. You can set a default date format, choose specific properties and columns, and make further customizations.
Create An Export Preset
Follow the steps below to create an invoice export preset:
1. Navigate to Settings/Billing (1) and click on the Export Settings (2) tab.
2. Click on the blue Add preset button (3) in the top right corner of the screen.
In the newly opened window add the following information:
General Details tab
- Name - This will be the title of the preset. You will be able to choose the preset from a drop-down menu in the Billing > Invoices > Export window.
- Date Format - Enter your preferred date format, dividing the days (DD), months (MM), and year (YYYY) with a hyphen (-).
- Custom Line Numbering - here, you can change the initial number of the LineNumber column in the .CSV spreadsheet file. Note: The LineNumber column adds alternative numbering for the exported items.
- File Header - an additional header that may be added before the exported content in the .CSV spreadsheet file.
Note: To add more than one additional headers, separate them with a comma.
- (optional) Show Credit Note values as positive numbers - If your accounting system is set up to turn positive values into negative ones when importing data, the following error may occur:
The accounting system expects positive data, but it receives negative data. Therefore, it attempts to turn the negative data into negative and inadvertently returns positive data (as in maths, - + - = +). This setting lets you prevent such errors.
- The Columns section is where you can click on the + button and select the specific columns from the drop-down menu that you want to include in the .CSV export file. You can also rename each column by entering a custom name in the New Title field. Click the + button again if you want to add more columns.
Note: The contents of each column from the drop-down menu are explained here at the bottom of the article.
- The Add Columns with Fixed Values section lets you add an additional column to the .CSV file with repeating values in each row. For example, you need a VAT column where each row says 20%. Instead of you adding the column manually in a spreadsheet editor, OfficeRnD will do that for you.
Custom Values tab
Here, you can rename the columns showing the document type (Invoice, Credit Note, Overpayment) to something else.
Using Export Presets
To use the newly created preset, follow the steps below:
- Go to Billing/Invoices.
- Select the invoices you want to export.
- Click the Export button in the top right corner of the screen.
- In the Export Invoice Data tab, click the checkbox next to Use an export preset.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the preset you created.
- Click Download Invoice Data.
It is possible to clone export presets. This is useful in cases where you'd like to generate an alternative version of an existing preset without having to re-enter the original data.
1. Go to Settings/Bliing and open the Export Settings tab
2. Click on the cogwheel symbol next to the preset you want to clone.
3. Choose 'Clone' from the menu.
4. Make changes (if necessary) and click 'Add'
Repeat steps 1 and 2 shown above but choose Delete from the menu.
- Description - The description of every line item.
- ItemCode – The plan's unique code field (next to the Plan name in the Plan dialog).
- Quantity - The quantity of every line item in the invoice.
- Unit Price - The price per unit for the specified plan. If it's a monthly membership, this is the price per month. You can leave Unit price as it is an accounting term connected to the line item.
- Unit Price without tax - Depending on the tax strategy, this could be the same as the unit price, or the number on which you should apply the tax.
- Total without tax - The total amount of the invoice without tax.
- Discount - Percent discount per line item. If a fee is paid partially with coins, the discount won’t be applied.
- Tax Rate Code – Tax percentage.
- Tax – Total tax amount.
- Line Total - Total amount of the line item in the invoice.
- Account Name – Revenue account name.
- Account Code – Unique code for revenue account.
- Tax Rate Code – Unique code for tax rate.
- Tax Rate Type – Name of the tax rate.
- Line Start Date – Membership period start date.
- Line End Date – Membership period end date.
- Line Start Month – Membership period start month.
- Document Type - Type of document, such as “invoice”, “credit note”, “overpayment”.
- Invoice Number - Number of the invoice/credit/overpayment document.
- Reference – The information entered in the “reference” field of the invoice.
- Allocations – List of allocated credit notes or overpayments to invoices.
- Invoice Date – Issue date of the invoice.
- Invoice Creation Date - The moment the invoice was created in OfficeRnD.
- Due Date - Due date of the invoice.
- Payment Method – Payment method of the invoice – “Bank transfer”, “Cash”, etc.
- Pending Amount – Calculated the total amount of the invoice when the due date has not arrived yet.
- Paid Amount - Calculated the total amount of the invoice when the status is paid.
- Payable Amount - Calculated the total amount of the invoice when the status is overdue.
- Amount – Total amount of the invoice with tax.
- Base Total – Total amount of the invoice without tax.
- Start Date – Start date of the common memberships.
- End Date - End of the common memberships.
- Charge Details – Details when there is a payment gateway integration.
- Invoice Month – Issue date month.
- Invoice Period Month - The period of which the invoice is generated for.
- Office Name – Name of the location.
- Office Code – Unique code of the location.
- Line Number – invoice line item numbers.