Slack is a program that allows communication between people. You can create a workspace, where all your member can be invited so you can exchange messages, share files etc. This happens in channels, which are created by topic,project or organization. Slack operates similarly to an internet relay chat(IRC) and all content inside it is searchable - members,files, conversations. Slack is a great tool, because it facilitates organizational communication. Apart from the differentiation of channels by topic etc there are also Public channels, which are available to everyone who joins the chat and Private ones, which can be used when you want to break down the communication into smaller groups.
How can I integrate Office RND with Slack?
Before you can connect OfficeRnD with Slack you have to create a workspace in Slack.
IMPORTANT: In order to set the integration up, you need to be an administrator in the Slack organization.
To activate the integration, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select Integrations.
- Click on Other Integrations.
- Click Activate next to Slack.
- Click Connect and authorize the integration.
What Options Can I Enable?
To start setting up the integration, click Configure.
OfficeRnD enables you to select where should the different type of posts be posted in Slack:
- Info - select the channels where OfficeRnD should post informational posts created in Collaboration/Posts.
- Important - select the channels where OfficeRnD should post important posts created in Collaboration/Posts.
- Events- select the channels where OfficeRnD should post event notifications created in Collaboration/Events.
We can also automatically invite new members to your Slack account. To enable that option:
- Check the Automatically invite new members to Slack option. Note that ALL existing members will be invited, regardless of their status.
That's extremely convenient as it triggers the Slack invitation email automatically and provides your members with a seamless experience.
How Can Members Use the Slack Integration?
When members open the members portal and navigate to the Members Wall, they will find a Slack icon as part of every member profile card. Clicking on that icon automatically opens up the Slack Desktop application and enables direct chat communication.
Note: The slack icon on Windows will only work if the member has installed the Slack desktop app.
The same icon is available on the admin end of OfficeRnD so your team can quickly open a chat window with any member or teammate directly from the Community/Members page in OfficeRnD.