Basic Forms determine what information we want to collect from the members through the portal. Advanced Forms determine what fields are available in the admin platform for members and companies.
Where Can I find the Basic and Advanced Forms?
To get to the Forms section, navigate to Settings>Forms on the admin portal.
- With Basic Forms, you can collect information from the members.
- The Address form is used to gather member or company address information:
- The Billing details form is used to gather information for invoicing:
IMPORTANT: The gathered information can be found under Billing>Payment details on the Portal.
If the member is a company contact/billing person, they will see two tabs: Company and Personal.
Based on the tab selected, they can either add the company's information or their personal details.
Regular members don't have access to this section on the portal.
- With Advanced Forms, you determine what information can be stored on the admin side.
Most of the fields are not available to members but can be accessed and used only by admins.
The two forms are Member and Company. They work the same way so the explanation covers both.
IMPORTANT: When you click "Edit", you will see that each form is divided into 3 tabs.
Those tabs are General, Address, and Billing by default, but you can change their names in the Forms.
The gathered information can be found under Community>Companies>Select Company>General:
Configure the Layout
IMPORTANT: The below part about the Layout is only visible to OfficeRnD admins. If you wish to edit the layout, contact us.
- Next to the tab's name, you'll find a sequence of numbers separated by commas. (eg. 1,1,1,1,2).
This determines the Layout of the properties listed in the respective tab.
If you have 5 properties, and your layout is 1,1,1,1,1, then each property will be on a new line.
If your layout looks like 1,2, the first property will be on a single line, but the 2nd and 3rd properties will share the next line.
You should avoid anything above 2 because having more than 2 properties on a single line will probably look bad.
If you click on "Show Preview" you'll see how your setup will look like.
- The next thing you can see is a drop-down menu that allows you to choose which tab you are viewing.
You can also select "Show All Tabs", which will show all the properties for all 3 tabs.
- Now let's look at each of the columns that a property has:
- Enabled - Determines whether the property is visible in the tab or not.
For some properties, this is greyed out, as they must always be available.
- Required - Determines whether the property must be filled in or not.
Again, for some properties, this option is not available.
IMPORTANT: For basic forms, the value can only be viewed.
If you wish to change them, contact support.
- Title - This is the name of the property shown in the "Edit" dialog window.
Once again, for some of the default properties, this cannot be changed.
- Placeholder - A hint of what you must enter into the field.
It will temporarily hold the place of the final data and will appear as light grey text.
- Order - This determines the order in which the properties will appear.
The lower the number, the higher on the list it will be.
If the lowest number you've set is 0, this property will appear on top.
If you have several properties with the same number, then they will be ordered alphabetically.
- In Tab - Here you can change in which tab the property will appear.
If you select a different tab, you will have to click update at the bottom of this page,
close it and open it again for the change to be displayed.
- Type - This is the type of property. You can read more on types here
IMPORTANT: If you create a custom property that applies to Member or Team, you can find it here.
By default, they all end up in the General Tab, but you can change that via the "In Tab" column.
These properties can also be visible in the member's portal for your members to fill in themselves.
Read more on custom properties here