There are cases where customers would ask you to remove their booking.
This is when we recommend that you cancel the booking instead of removing it completely.
When a booking is canceled, it leaves a trace in the system.
This way you can always come back and check when the booking was originally requested and who asked for its cancellation.
Further, when you or a member cancels a booking, the cancellation policy gets applied ensuring the proper charge is applied to the customer account.
You would only delete bookings when you don't want to keep any traces of them and you don't need any cancellation policies to be applied.
- Find the booking on the calendar and click to open it.
- Click the Cancel button
- Review the summary and decide if you want to apply a cancellation policy
- Confirm the cancellation
When you open the Community module and navigate to Bookings, you will find a list of all bookings filtered for the current month.
This view is especially handy if you want to review and export a list of bookings in a specific timeframe.
- Find the booking on the list. You can apply additional filters to help you find the booking.
- Click to open it.
- Click the Cancel button.
- Review the summary and decide if you want to apply a cancellation policy.
- Confirm the cancellation.
Depending on the cancellation policy and how the booking was charged, the customer balance will be updated.
As an example, if the booking was made using coins or credits, those can be fully restored and related outstanding fees can be removed.
In order to delete a booking, you can follow the steps for canceling a booking and clicking Delete instead of Cancel.
If you need to cancel multiple bookings, let our team help you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of bookings.
- Navigate to Community/Bookings
- Filter out the bookings you need to cancel.
- Export the list in a CSV file using the Export button at the top right of the page.
- Send the exported list with more information on why you need to cancel those bookings to email@example.com.
When a booking was already invoiced, the system won't allow you to cancel it, before taking a few additional steps.
The exact process you can follow is available in the How to Edit or Cancel Invoiced or Waived Bookings