Hierarchical Meeting Rooms are useful if you'd like to define a connection between multiple resources. One use case for it is when you'd like to make a booking in one meeting room and have it reflected in the other (or vice-versa).
How to enable the feature
Here's how to enable the feature:
- Go to Settings/Resource Types and click on Meeting Room (or whatever your default meeting room resource is called).
- In the newly opened window, enable the option called
- You can't edit the availability of resources with a parent/child relationship. Please make sure you set the correct dates before linking the resources.
- You can set the same parent for multiple meeting rooms. By setting the same parent for two meeting rooms you can ensure that if someone books the parent meeting room, all related meeting rooms will be booked for the same time as well.
- One resource can have multiple parents. If a resource has multiple parents and you book either the child or one of the parent meeting rooms, all children and parent meeting rooms will be booked simultaneously. This way you can create a complex network of meeting rooms that are related to each other. If one gets booked, all related meeting rooms will be booked as well.