Apart from meeting rooms, you may also want to let your members book hotdesks. The procedure is relatively similar to the one you need to follow in order to set up meeting room bookings.
See the steps below that you need to follow in order to have bookable hotdesks:
- You can create your hotdesks in Space/Desks manually:
or you can import them by following our article.
- The next step is to make it possible for your hotdesks to be booked. This can be done by going to Settings/Resource Types. Here you should be able to see a type Hotdesk.
Click on it and you'll see an option called Can Book. Once enabled, you'll find a drop-down menu named Booking Mode:
Booking Mode can be set to either:
- Date - make it possible for the resource to be booked only for the whole day.
- Time - this will allow you to book the resource only for a specific time interval.
- After that, you can set up the resource rate at which the bookings will be charged. Please note that - if you selected the Date booking mode, you should set up a daily rate for the resource.
- If you selected the Time booking mode, you should set up an hourly rate.
During the creation of the rate, you can also configure a booking and cancellation policies.
- If you'd like your members to be able to book hotdesks, navigate to Settings/Member Apps/Member Pages. A page called Hotdesks booking is there. Once enabled, an additional page will appear on the members portal, called Hotdesks. There, members can book hotdesks.
Alternatively, you'll only be able to create bookings on the admin end using the calendar and switching the resource type: