As an admin, you might need to share files with your members - or vice versa. For example, you can add a line on the signup form and ask future members to upload a picture. Or you might need an upload button in a member's account. This article will show you how.
How to add an Upload a file button
You can add an Upload a file button by following these steps:
- Go to Settings/Custom Properties and click the Add Property button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In the Add property window, enter a name (such as Upload file).
- Choose File from the Type drop-down menu.
- Select the needed properties from the Applies to drop-down menu.
- You can set the privacy of the property to be Admin Only, Members Public or Members Protected:
- Admin Only: an attached file will be visible only for admins.
- Members Public: an attached file will be visible for everyone in the members portal.
- Members Private: an attached file will only be visible to admins and the member who uploaded the file.
- Click Add.
Next, go to Settings/Data & Extensibility/Forms Customization and click on Member in the Advanced Forms tab.
From the drop-down menu, choose General and scroll down to Enable the new property that you created.
After enabling the new property, click Update.
Where to find the Upload a file button
You can find the Upload button on the following pages:
- Navigate to a member's profile.
- In the General section click on the Edit button.
- Scroll down to the Upload button.
- Navigate to the Account/Profile tab.
- Find the Upload button in the Additional Information section.