As an admin, you might need to share files with your members or vice versa. For example, you can add a line on the signup form and ask the future members to upload a picture of themselves. Or you might need a button in the members' portal for this particular option. You can add an "Upload a file" button by following these steps:
- First, you'll need to create a custom property of type "File". Go to Settings > Custom Properties and click the Add Property button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- In the newly opened window name the new property and set the type to File.
- You can set the privacy of the property to be either Members Public or Members Private depending on your use-case.
- If it's public, once someone attaches a file it will visible to everyone on the members portal.
- If it's private it will only be visible to the member and to any admin, on the admin end.
- Click Add.
- After that go to Settings > Forms in the Advanced Forms tab choose Member.
- From the drop-down menu choose General and scroll down to Enable the new property.
- After you marked the new property as enabled click Update.
- (optional) If you'd like to add the newly created custom property to the signup form you can check this article on how to do that - Add Custom Property to the Signup Form.
Where to find the "Upload a file" button
You can find the "Upload a file" button in the following pages:
- Admin side:
- Navigate to a member's profile.
- In the General section click on the Edit button.
- Scroll down to the Upload button.
- Members portal
- Navigate to Account > Personal tab.
- In the Additional Information section find the Upload button.