Every now and then you might have to turn one of your dedicated desks to a hotdesk, or vice versa. In that case, the most important prerequisite is to ensure the dedicated desk historical data is reserved in the system.
- Open the floorplan (Space/Locations) and select the dedicated desk.
- Click Edit and put an end date on the Available line. Update the resource.
- Click Change and select the '-No Resource-' option from the drop-down. With this step, you remove the resource from the floorplan but it will remain in your list of dedicated desks for historical record-keeping purposes.
- Select the now empty desk shape and click Add to create a hot-desk resource.
What if I don't need t keep the historical data?
If you don't need to keep the historical data of the resource, you can follow these next steps:
- Navigate to Space/Desks and find the desks you want to remove.
- For each desk, use its cogwheel to find the Delete option.
- Delete the desk along with its historical data.
- Open the floorplan and find the now empty desk shapes.
- Select each one separately and click Add to create a hot-desk resource.