Every now and then, you may have to turn one of your dedicated desks into a hot desk, and vice versa. In that case, the most important prerequisite is to ensure the dedicated desk's historical data is pereserved in the system.
- Open the floorplan (Space/Locations) and click on the dedicated desk.
- Click on the Edit button.
- Put an end date on the Available line.
- Update the resource.
- Click Change and select the -No Resource- option from the drop-down. With this step, you remove the resource from the floorplan, but it remains in your list of dedicated desks for record-keeping purposes.
- Select the now-empty desk shape and click Add to create a hot-desk resource.
What if I don't want to keep the historical data?
If you don't need to keep the historical data of the resource, you can follow these next steps:
- Navigate to Space/Desks and find the desks you want to remove.
- Delete each desk. The historical data will be deleted as well.
- Open the floorplan and find the now-empty desk shapes.
- Select each one separately and click Add to create a new resource.