The error "The resource is not available for the requested period" may occur in the following situations:
- you are trying to create a contract with a specific resource but when you add the start and end date the system notifies you that the resource is not available for the specified period;
- you are trying to relocate a member to a new office or desk;
- you are trying to set an end date for a membership that has an assigned resource.
In all those cases, the resource you're using is already in use by someone else. This is why you need to find out who is using it and for what period of time.
In order to resolve the issue, you will need to:
- Find the resource under the appropriate section in the Space module.
- Use the cogwheel next to the resource and review its history for a detailed list of occupants.
- If no one is using the resource, click and then Edit to review its Availability From and To dates. Make sure the resource exists in the period you're targeting.
- Apply changes in the resource usage or availability if necessary or choose another resource.
To better understand the solution, let's have a look at one specific example. Let's imagine that you want to assign a membership to a private office. The membership starts on 17 March 2021 and ends on 01 Jan 2022. When you try to assign the membership to office PO 4, you receive an error "The resource is not available for the requested period".
- Navigate to Space/Private offices and type the name of the resource in the search bar.
- First, let's check if the resource is occupied by another member for the period 17 March 2021 - 01 Jan 2022. If the tag next to the resource says you can review the history of the resource and examine both past and future occupants. Click on the next to the name of the resource and then click History.
In the History window, you can see who's moving in and out and the exact dates. In our case, the resource is available for the whole period of the membership. Then the problem may come from the office's availability from and to dates.
- Click the cogwheel again and choose Edit.
- Reviewing the Available From and To dates, it seems that the resource's availability period is 17 Feb 2021 - 30 June 2021. In other words, the resource is not going to be in exploitation for the full period of the membership. If the dates are incorrect, you can edit them accordingly to accommodate the membership's start and end date. After that click Update. Alternatively, you may need to find another resource for the client and their private office membership.