The secondary permission role gives community managers from different locations cross-location visibility of each other's member base, even if they don’t have access to all locations. It allows a teammate to have one particular role for one or several locations and to be able to view the other locations without permissions to adjust them.
How to grant a Secondary Permission Role?
1. Navigate to Settings/My Account/Teammates
2. Add a new teammate (or edit the permission settings of an existing teammate) by clicking on the cogwheel:
3. Select a role and define the home location(s) of the team member, then proceed to apply a secondary permission role for the other locations:
When assigning a role to a teammate for specific (but not all) locations, owners can select the following role types for all other locations:
The teammate can view all sections in the other locations under their secondary role as per the ones enabled in their primary role. For example, a teammate with the primary role Owner in Location A and the secondary role of Viewer in Location B will be able to see all sections.
If they had a Center manager role for Location A and Viewer in Location B, they would not be able to see Settings, as per the limitations of their primary role.
Team members with a secondary permission role Viewer can also:
Cancel Membership - they can cancel any and all memberships, regardless of the company location or status.
Merge Companies - they can merge companies from the locations they can only View to companies from their home location(s). For example, if they try to merge Company A from their home location to Company AB from a secondary location, they won't be able to do so.
However, if they try to merge Company AB from the secondary location, where they have access as Viewer, they will be able to merge it to Company A from their home location, as they have full access to edit the companies in their home location(s).
- Credits and Day Passes can be added, edited, deleted, and used from any location.
- The Sidebar Information (the right-hand side of the companies' and members' profiles that displays day passes or payment details) is visible in a view-only mode for Viewers.
- Export - This will be available for members/companies in locations under the primary role for which the teammate has export rights, as well as members/companies from locations for which the teammate has secondary viewer rights.
- Use the Global search to search for companies and members in all locations.
- Search for invoices outside of their home location(s).
- Add new records (members, companies, fees, memberships, bookings or invoices) in the locations to which they have Viewer access.
- Access the reports of the locations to which they have Viewer access.
The teammate won’t have any access to information in the remaining locations which were not selected in the primary role as home location(s).