In this help article, we will take a look at how to configure and use the Multi-location billing functions in OfficeRnD.
The Multi-location billing settings can be found in Settings/Billing/Invoicing under the Multi-location Billing section.
When a bill run is triggered, the system checks the Multi-location billing setting.
- If the "Home location - A customer will be billed in their default home location." option is selected, the location of each invoice is the home location of the company/member, not the location of the services used.
- If the "Multi-location - A customer will be billed separately in each location where they generated usage." option is selected, the location of each invoice is the location of the service's invoice, not the location of the company/member. If you are running a manual bill run, the manual bill run will show a location single select field allowing you to invoice the products for a specific location. If nothing is selected, the default is "All Locations".
If a location is selected, it will generate invoices based on products in that location and ignore the company/member’s home location.
Note: Both settings respect the other invoice generation selections - by fee type and by contract.
Manual Invoice Generation
- If the "Home location" option is selected, the default state of the location filter will show the home location of the member/company and you will not be able to change it.
If the "Multi-location" option is selected, only 1 location can be selected at a time. Selecting a location different from that of the home location of the company/member will show products purchased in the non-home location and invoice for it, regardless of the home location of the company/member.
- Learn more about how payment details work when multi-location billing is enabled here.
- Learn how to manage permissions to issue multi-location invoices here.