You can import CSV files to Create or Update employees in bulk.
Note: You can ask our onboarding specialists to help you import your employees while you're configuring your account.
In the next section of this article, you'll learn how to prepare and import a CSV file with employees and teams on your own.
What You'll Need
CSV File Data
The file with employees should include the following columns:
- Name - in this column, you need to list the employee names.
- Email - in this column, you need to list the contact emails of the employees. These emails will be used to invite employees on the web portal and mobile app, as well as to notify members of upcoming bookings and more.
- Team - in this column, for each employee, you need to list the name of their team.
- Team Email - in this column, you can add a team email that can be used to send group notifications. You can only define one email per team.
- Location - in this column, you need to list the employee's office location. Learn more about adding locations in OfficeRnD Hybrid. Note that if you have only one location added in OfficeRnD Hybrid, you won't need to populate any information in this column as the system will apply it by default during the import operation.
(optional) Format the CSV File to Only Import Teams
To import teams without employees:
- Leave the Name, and Email columns empty.
- Add information in the Team, Team Email, and Location columns.
Execute the Import
To execute an import of teams and members, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings/Import.
- Click Upload CSV and select the file with the teams' and employees' contact information.
- Review the data that will be imported. It is displayed in a table with its top row letting you know if there are any validation issues in each column.
- To import the members and immediately send them invitations via email to the web portal, hit the Invite button.
- To add the teams and members without emailing them, hit the Add without Invitation button.
- Review the number of imported employees and click View Employees to review their profiles.
Update Employees via the Import
The import can also be used to update employee data in bulk for all the columns available in the template CSV file. If you have to perform such a bulk operation, you can follow these steps:
1. Navigate to People Management/Employees and export them. Use the available filters to narrow down results if needed.
2. Download and edit the exported file with the new data.
3. Navigate to Settings/Import and follow the usual import steps.
4. At the end, click Add without invitation.