OfficeRnD allows for an easy Step-by-Step import flow, which is ideal when executed one after another, and as the general flow order would be to import Companies and Members first, we will need to be aware of how to import our Memberships as a final step in the process. The Memberships import functionality can be found under the Settings/Import/Memberships tab. With the Memberships Import, you can also assign memberships on resources, and once imported, the memberships are automatically assigned on the respective resources.
Important to Note
- It's best if you download our template using the link above in order to see which columns are going to be necessary to be filled out in order to complete the import. Alternatively, you can use your own spreadsheet (please note that only .csv files can be uploaded) and after that, you'll be able to match the columns in your files to the columns in OfficeRND - more on that later.
- If there is a validation error when uploading the data, you might not be able to proceed unless the error has been fixed. More on that later. There are two types of warnings in terms of the validation of the import file - red (an error that should be fixed in order to continue with the import) and slightly yellow (it has a warning function only, but you will be able to continue with the import, i.e. if you import a membership that doesn't have a Price specified - it will default to the price of the billing plan).
- If a row in the import file includes both a company name and a member name, membership will be imported to the company profile, and the membership will be assigned to the member in particular. The company and the member should exist in the system.
- If it includes a company name only, membership will be imported to the company without assigning it to a member. The company should exist in the system.
- If it includes a member name only, a member will be created/updated without a company, and membership will be assigned to the member in particular. The member should exist in the system.
- Plan Name should match exactly the name of the plan in OfficeRnD that will be associated with the membership.
Import Flow Steps
The Memberships import flow contains three main steps - Upload spreadsheet, Match columns, and Summary. We will go through each one in detail.
- Download the example file to get started (Optional - the file can be found here at the top of the article, and when you click on the "Download template" button in the Memberships tab).
- Upload your file (click on the Upload CSV button).
The required columns are the following (they will have a "*" symbol included for that purpose):
- Plan Name* - The name of billing plan associated with the membership that will be imported. The plan name should exactly match the billing plan name in OfficeRnD.
- Membership Location* - The location of the membership. For example, if the billing plan associated with the membership is available to location X, and you specify a location Y for the membership, you will receive a validation error.
- Start Date* - For the start date of the membership, note that one of the following formats should be used: YYYY-MM-DD, DD/MM/YYYY, or MM/DD/YYYY.
It is also important to specify at least a company name/member name or both, so that the membership is assigned properly.
Other columns that can be of use (Optional):
- Company Name (the company should already exist in the system, otherwise, the data won't get validated, and new companies won't be created)
- Member Name (the member should already exist in the system, otherwise, the data won't get validated, and new members won't be created)
- Membership Name - the name of the membership that will be imported. This one doesn't have a limitation as with the Plan Name, so its name depends on the admin that will import the data.
- End Date - the end date of the membership.
- Price - the price of the membership. Missing Price will be defaulted to plan price.
- Quantity - the quantity of the membership/s. Missing Quantity will default to 1.
- Resource Name - optional, you can populate the property with a name of an existing resource in your space so that once imported, the membership is automatically assigned to the specified resource.
Note: If you will be using the "Resource Name" property in order to have memberships automatically assigned to resources, you will need to ensure that:
- the name of the resource matches the name of the resource in the given location existing in OfficeRnD.
- the resource is available for the period of the membership.
- there is no other resource with the same name in order to avoid duplication and validation errors.
- the membership type matches the resource type.
- the membership quantity is not bigger than 1, as you cannot add multiple memberships with one record when a resource will be assigned.
- the resource type has the "Can Assign" option enabled from the Settings/Resource Types.
Choose date format from which OfficeRnD will parse the dates
You'll first need to select the date format that you're currently using in your CSV file in order to help OfficeRND set the start dates of the memberships correctly.
Note: This is important because if the format is not set correctly you won't be able to Continue.
Match columns from your file to properties in OfficeRnD
At the bottom of the import page you'll be able to see two rows of columns:
The first row displays the default columns in OfficeRND.
The second row displays the columns of the uploaded file. You can match your columns to the columns in OfficeRND so that you can make sure that the data from your columns are going to be used in the default ORND column.
If there are any errors or inconsistencies in the data, the system will display a warning and will not let you continue.
You'll be able to see a description of the problem either on the row that's problematic or on the whole column.
Additionally, if there are any errors in the file there is an "Upload new file" below that you can use in case you have fixed the errors, and you would like to proceed with the import functionality anew.
Note: In this cases where, for example, the plan name specified doesn't match an existing plan in OfficeRnD, you won't be able to proceed with the import when clicking on "Validate".
Note: If there is an error message that for some reason you are not able to troubleshoot, you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review the import summary below (Summary of what this data will add/update).
Save your choices as a matching preset for future imports (Optional - columns will be automatically matched. You will still be able to re-match and edit them). You will need to click on "Save preset CSV", set an Import Settings Name, and then save the changes made. You can choose this matching preset in future imports.
- Click on the "Import" button.
- You will receive a confirmation of a successful data import.