Can You Update Existing Resources?
Yes, you can update existing resources. By default, OfficeRnD Flex uses the Resource Name, Location, and Resource Type to uniquely identify a resource and determine whether to update it or add a new one during Resource Imports.
However, it is possible to select Floor and Parent (either one or both) as additional unique identifiers alongside the default ones. You can learn more about that here.
You can see the number of resources to be added and updated in the summary before hitting the Import button in the final stage.
Navigate to Settings/Data & Extensibility and open the Resources tab.
The import process involves four steps:
1. Upload a .CSV file
Download and fill out the template file.
Note that the following columns are:
- Mandatory: Resource Name, Resource Type, Location, Available From.
- Non Mandatory: Floor, Target Plan, Price, Deposit, Parent, Size Area, Size People, Available To, Privacy.
When you're finished, click on the Upload CSV button to import the .CSV file.
2. Validate the data
1. Choose the date format from which Flex will parse the dates. You need to select the date format that you're using in your CSV file.
2. Choose the measurement units (square meters or square feet) from which Flex will calculate the area size.
3. (optional) Change the unique identifier. Click here to learn more about unique identifiers.
4. Ensure the columns from your .CSV file match the ones in Flex. At the bottom of the page you'll see two rows of columns. The first row displays the default columns in Flex. The second row displays the columns of the uploaded file. Match the columns from the first row to the columns from the second row.
If there are any errors or inconsistencies in the data, the system will display a warning and will not let you continue. You'll be able to see a description of the problem, as in the screenshot above. After you identify and fix the problem, you can click on Upload new file and Flex will enter the changed data without changing the rest.
4. When you're finished, click on Validate.
3. View summary
Flex will generate a summary of the data that's about to be added or changed. You can also save your choices as a matching preset for future imports. You will need to click on Save preset CSV, set an Import Settings Name, and then save the changes made.
Click on the Import button. You will receive a confirmation of a successful data import.
Rules For Parent Properties
- The parent resource must exist in the organization.
- Any resource of type Meeting Room can be a parent of another resource of the same type if the Allow parent/child relationship option is enabled in this default resource type. Learn how to set up Hierarchical Meeting Rooms
- Any other resource type that represents a zone can be a parent of desks of the default Office Desk type. Learn more about resource types.
- Other desk type resources cannot have a parent and cannot be parents of other resources.