As part of your onboarding with OfficeR&D, we can import your existing member data with their companies, memberships with their start dates, locations.
In the next section of this article, you'll find the format that we use to import your existing data.
What You'll Need
- Add and configure your locations under Space/Locations
- Add and configure plans under Billing/Plans
OfficeR&D enables you to import members from a CSV file with the following columns:
IMPORTANT: Make sure to use comma (,) as CSV delimiter otherwise your data will not get validated
- Name1 - name of the member
- Email (optional) - contact email of the member
- Company1 - name of the company
- Company Email (optional) - contact email of the company
- Location2 - name of the location in multi-location accounts
- Contact Person - set it to yes if you're creating a record of a company employee who is the contact person for the company. Leave empty for everyone else.
- Billing Person - set it to yes if you're creating a record of a company employee who is the contact person for the company. Leave empty for everyone else.
- Plan3 - name of an existing plan (the plan should be a monthly recurring one added in the Billing/Plans section of the admin site)
- Start Date3,4 - membership start date in one of the available formats
- End Date (optional)3,4 - membership end date in one of the available formats
- Membership Name3 (optional) - membership name to override the default plan name
- Price (optional)3 - membership price to override the default plan price
- Quantity3 (optional) - the membership plan quantity (treated as 1 if omitted)
- Phone (optional) - member phone, takes the first digit entered as a country code, therefore please add only 44 for the UK phone numbers (skip "+" or "0/00").
- Twitter (optional) - twitter handle
- Url (optional) - company website URL
- Billing Name (optional)5 - billing name for company or member
- VAT Number (optional)5 - vat number for company or member
- Reg Number (optional)5 - registration number for company or member
- Address (optional)6 - company or member registered address
- City (optional)6 - company or member registered address city
- State (optional)6 - company or member registered address state
- Zip (optional)6 - company or member registered address zip
- Country (optional)6 - company or member registered address country
- Tags (optional)6 - company tags. Comma-separated skills, industries, etc. If specified, values in this field will override current company tags.
Here is more information on each of the fields above and how they depend on each other:
1 - You MUST set either name or company or both. If member or company does not exist they will be created, otherwise, their properties will be updated.
- Name - if you set Name field only a member with that name will be created/updated
- Company - if you set Company field only a company with that name will be created/updated
- Name and Company - if you set both company and name, a member and a company will be created/updated and the member will be assigned to the company
2 - If you have a single location you can omit this field. In multi-location organisations, this field is required.
3 - These fields should be set if you want to create and assign membership to the member and/or company.
Keep in mind the following when importing plans as memberships:
1. If you want to import a membership that is associated with a company, not with a member, then you would need to create a separate line in the template file that is only for the company with its data and its membership. This is usually used for private office plans.
2. If you want to import different types of memberships associated with the same member/company you need to create one line per each membership in the template file.
4 - Start Date and End Date fields can use one of the following date formats: YYYY-MM-DD, DD/MM/YYYY and MM/DD/YYYY
5 - These fields should be set if you want to assign billing details to the member or company. If both member and company are specified those fields will be set to the company.
6 - These fields should be set if you want to assign a registered address to the member or company. If both member and company are specified those fields will be set to the company.
You can download a sample CSV with all columns pre-filled from here. After download you can delete the columns you won't need or leave them empty.
Important: Make sure to use the exact headers listed above as otherwise your data won't be imported correctly.
Note: All additional columns in the file will be imported as custom fields. For this to happen you need to have the fields configured in Settings/Custom Properties.
More on how to add custom properties here.
Examples of how to import members, companies, and memberships.