When you assign members' memberships to dedicated desks and private offices in the floor plan, you can get the following error: "Unable to assign membership".
The desk or office is not available on the start date of the membership you're trying to assign.
When you get such an error, review the history of the desk or private office following these steps:
- Click on the desk or private office.
- Find the History button on the right pane at the top and click on it to load the history of all assignments on the resource.
- Review the assignments to ensure all move in and move out dates are correct. Note the last move out date as you will need to ensure the new assignment starts after it.
You can remove records from the History window if you need to make changes to the history. In order to remove a record, follow these steps:
- Click on the trashbin icon on the right side of the record.
- Click on the tick icon to confirm your desire to remove the record.
- When the record disappears from the history list, click Done.
- Close the History window and click Assign.
- In the Assign window select a date that starts after the last move out date in the history of the resource.
You might want to update an old assignment move out dates. In this case, you would need to find the corresponding membership under the member's account and click on the cogwheen next to it to find the Unassign button. Clicking on the Unassign button will open a dialog where you can change the move out date of the assignment.