A Coworking Space often needs to set specific booking rules for its bookable resources. OfficeRnD allows you to create rule pre-sets in the form of a Booking Policy that can be applied to a bookable resource.
- Go to Settings/Platform and stay on the default tab, named Calendar & Bookings.
- Find the Booking Policies section of the page and hit Add Policy.
- Fill out the following details:
- Name - The name of the booking policy. This is the only mandatory field.
- Max Duration - Maximum time allowance for booking a room.
- Allow Recurring Bookings - Enable to allow members to create recurring bookings.
- Limit Recurring Bookings Span - Limits the recurring bookings' time span of member/ public bookings. You can set it up to a maximum of 24 months from the day of the booking's creation.
- Limit Future Bookings - Limits the maximum allowed months from today that the booking can be booked for. The maximum amount for this setting is 24 months.
- Limit Time Before Start of Booking - Add a "notice period" for bookings. Members would not be able to book a room immediately, they would need to book for X time after the current moment.
- Request Approval - If enabled, bookings for the rooms using that policy will be created as Tentative bookings until an admin approves them.
- Require Checkin - This option enables an automatic cancellation process. If members do not check for the booking within the set amount of time the booking will be canceled. More details can be found here.
Note: The maximum time you can set here is 15 minutes.
- Send booking reminders - This option enables the sending of reminders to the member before the booking starts. Additional information can be found here.
Note: The maximum time you can set here is 360(6 hours) minutes.
- Disable Back to Back Bookings - The "Disable back to back bookings" feature is explained in more detail in another article. Click here to see it if you are interested.
Note: The limit for the back-to-back buffer time is 30 minutes.
Active/Non-Active Member Rules - Choose whether you'd like the same set of rules for active and non-active members or not.
Next, learn how to create a booking cancellation policy.
- Go to Billing/Resource Rates.
- Add a new Resource Rate or edit an existing one.
- Open its Advanced tab and select a booking policy from the Booking Policy drop-down field.
- Once the Resource Rate is applied to a bookable resource, the bookings will follow the policy's rules.
NOTE: Booking Policy rules are not applied to bookings created on the admin end of OfficeRnD.