A Coworking Space often needs to set specific booking rules for its bookable resources. OfficeRnD allows you to create rule pre-sets in the form of Booking Policies that can be applied to a bookable resource.
How to Create a Booking Policy
- Go to Settings/Platform Modules/Calendar & Bookings.
- Scroll down until you reach the Booking Policies section and click on Add Policy.
- Fill out the following details (mandatory details are marked with an asterisk *):
- Name * - The name of the booking policy.
- Max Duration * - Maximum time allowance for booking a room.
- Min Duration * - Minimum time allowance for booking a room.
- Allow Recurring Bookings - Enable to allow members to create recurring bookings.
- Disallow Booking for Members Without Coins or Credits - Members will be allowed to book only with available credits and/or coins. Click here to learn more.
- Limit Recurring Bookings Span - Limits the recurring bookings' time span of member/ public bookings. You can set it up to a maximum of 24 months from the day of the booking's creation.
- Limit Future Bookings - Limits the maximum allowed months (starting today) that the booking can be booked for. The maximum amount for this setting is 24 months.
- Limit Time Before Start of Booking - Add a notice period for bookings. Members would not be able to book a room immediately - they would need to book for X amount of time after the current moment.
- Request Approval - If enabled, bookings for the rooms using that policy will be created as Tentative bookings until an Admin approves them.
Require Check-in - This option enables an automatic cancellation process. If members do not check for the booking within a set amount of time, the booking will be canceled. More details can be found here.
Note: The maximum time you can set here is 60 minutes.
Send booking reminders - This option enables the sending of reminders to the member before the booking starts. Additional information can be found here.
Note: The maximum time you can set here is 360 minutes (6 hours).
Disable Back-to-Back Bookings - The Disable back-to-back bookings feature is explained in more detail in another article. Click here if you are interested.
Note: The limit for the back-to-back buffer time is 30 minutes.
- Active/Non-Active Member Rules - Choose whether you'd like to have the same set of rules for active and non-active members, or not.
How to connect a Booking Policy to a Resource Rate and a Bookable Resource
- Go to Billing & Products/Products/Resource Rates.
- Add a new Resource Rate (or edit an existing one).
- In the Add/Edit Resource Rate window, open the Advanced tab and select a booking policy from the Booking Policy drop-down field.
- Once the Resource Rate is applied to a bookable resource, the bookings will follow the policy's rules.
- By default, every resource rate uses the default booking policy.
- Booking Policy rules are not applied to bookings created on the admin end of OfficeRnD.
Learn how to create a booking cancellation policy.