Sometimes it's possible to create two separate resources (one can be an accidental duplicate of the other) and then make an assignment for them with the same membership.
In this article we'll explore how this can be rectified.
You can also take a look at our other article on how to create assignments for resources in OfficeRND.
How the merge the History records
Let's say that you've two resources - one is a duplicate of the other and they have the same name.
The first assignment can be from the 1st of January until the 31st for the first resource and then the second assignment can be from the 1st of February onwards for the second resource.
You can "merge" the histories of the two resources and then remove the duplicate in order for the statistics to be as correct as they can be.
Here's how you can do that:
- Go to "Space"->the name of the resource type in question, e.g "Private Office".
- You can try and find the two resources in the respective section, which they reside in.
- After you find them you can click the cogwheel next to them and select "History".
Each assignment will have a start(move in) and end (move out) date.
- You can delete all history records from the duplicate resource by clicking the recycle bin icon on the right. Subsequently you can delete the duplicate resource itself.
Note: It's best to remove the resource that's currently assigned to the company, i.e the one with the most recent assignment. That way you'll be able to more easily record the correct assignment from the company profile, otherwise you'll have to record an assignment in the past.
- You can then go back to the profile of the company to which the resource was assigned.
There should be a button named "Assign" under the membership, which will allow you to record a new assignment, this time for the correct resource, since there's no duplicate.